Saturday, April 28, 2012

Trees Deco..

Tree deco
I stopped swapping 5 years ago and there are times when I miss seeing the creations as well as creating myself but it is something I know I'll never get back into doing as it was just insane. I ended up spending most days at the post office and sorting out swaps that it didn't leave much time for anything else. Of course I'm so glad to have had that experience as that is where my creative flare came from and never in a million years did I realise it was something I could do quite well even though I know I've still got along way to go before I'll be brilliant at it. Also though I made some amazing friends in yahoo groups... this one was made in mine and Sabrina's group all those years ago.

Even though its been 5 years since I stopped swapping I still get FBs and Decos through the post and the above deco I got an e-mail from a lovely lady in the U.S asking if I'm still living at the same address so that she can send it to me, she even told me it was a beautiful deco but I wasn't at all expecting that. Isn't it just beautiful?

I think I've found another new hobby in creative photo taking as I can't help but create fancy backgrounds for any of my mail related things. Its another great way of making use of my craft supplies even though I'm struggling with my sheets not being large enough.

What hobbies or interests are you into?

6 comments:

  1. Hi there are thanks for the link!
    Love the new name ;)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by this blog and I hope you'll enjoy it as much or more then my other one as I hope to have more of my own photos on this one.
    I'm glad you like the name, it was so hard to choose with all the ones I choose being taken but I think this one will grow on me.

    Thanks for my first comment too :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't swap stuff becauase it is very time consuming as you know I do swap friendship books with out pen pals but that is about all.............I love the name Strawberries and Buttercups. At first when I opened it up I thought who is this but didn't take me long to figure out it is my good friend Bubbles........

    When it comes to hobbies mine would be pen paling and blogging which is all I have time for......lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its nicer to swap in small amounts as I ended up with so much that I felt guilty having things sitting there so would send just as much out only to receive the same back, plus I enjoyed making things myself...thankfully that is all behind me now :).

      I'm glad you like the name, I'm going to eventually delete my bubbles one as theres no point in keeping it. I want to keep both my blog similar as then people know its me with it being the same style but different blogs.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link :) And as for hobbies, well, besides penpalling, I love reading and taking pictures (photography). I'm more of a traditional and conventional photographer as I love to use the photos as they are (well, at the moment). Maybe I'll into intstagram one day who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I let you know as you asked me to. With Instagram you don't have to use the filter or border those are optional, I personally use the filter to give my photos a bit more colour etc... but I've decided I'm going to try and not use the borders anymore that way I can easily mix photos when blogging.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...