As you know its the first proper tree I've made. I got the proportion all wrong as it was only supposed to be a mini version but turned out to be huge. It meant I couldn't work out how many lollipops I needed so it resulted in many visits to the shop. I decided to use a candle holder instead of a plant pot but it wasn't such a great idea as my plaster of paris didn't stick to it and ended up moving around, resulting in me mixing more at 6am this morning! Also the bottom of the candle holder wasn't equal flatness so it rocked... to be honest its due to the weight as it weighed a tonne (after all there were over 300 lollipops), I really struggled to pick it up and it was so awkward which didn't help with the un-even ness of it.
Now though I have such a better idea of what to do for next time especially the size issue. Also so many people were impressed with it that they are thinking of birthdays etc... they want me to make them one for. I know of course they will never ask as for some reason my things though admired never sell. It's not just me but a family thing since my mum and sister are the same.
Oh! I ended up putting those stars in the base as well as putting some in a bag to give, originally they fitted but with the extra plaster of paris I didn't have enough space left.