Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rachel Hore ~The Glass Painters Daughter~

Read: On Kindle
Paid: £1.99
Reason I choose it: It sounded interesting.

Summary
Fran left home to pursue a career in foreign cities, as a classical musician. But now her father is dangerously ill and it's time to return.
Taking her father's place in the shop, she and his craftsman Zac accept a beguiling commission - to restore a shattered glass picture of an exquisite angel belonging to a local church. As they reassemble the dazzling shards of coloured glass, they uncover an extraordinary love story from the Victorian past, sparked by the window's creation. Slowly, Fran begins to see her own reflection in its themes of passion, tragedy and redemption.
Fran's journey will lead her on a search for the truth about her mother, through mysteries of past times and the anguish of unrequited love, to reconciliation and renewal.


My Opinion
This is one of those books I'm not sure about, at first I thought it was great but the further I got in to it over a couple of days I started to wonder what actually is happening in the story, it doesn't really seem to move anywhere. The author tries to bring in mystery but even as you are reading it you know exactly who is doing what so it doesn't have that climax when you do find out as you've known all along. I didn't really take to Fran at all which I guess didn't help and I think that  the complete Victorian story would have been much more interesting.

My Rating
 photo strawberry3star.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...