This year my mail experiences have been so weird....
- I posted everyone that took part on make my day a Christmas card last year, I received a couple back from people who maybe no longer lived at that address anymore around March time. Really quite odd if you ask me since I posted them late November.
- I had a letter to The Netherlands first travel to Thailand and then to The Netherlands. I assumed it never would arrive so re-wrote and posted a letter only for both to arrive within days of each other.
- Around the same time I wrote to someone in Malaysia and they never received the letter at all.
- I always post my letters from the post office, usually they always put the stamp on the front with an airmail sticker but for some reason this year I've had many letters sent to me which really irritated me because why would I spend so much postage sending a letter with in the UK.
- Only once did this work out great for me, my niece stuck the stamps on and I thought it looked great with the random way it was stuck on so took a photo. Only I came home and noticed I missed the P.O.Box number off so was hoping it would come back to me first before going there and it did... it then meant I could pop it back into the post box and it arrived at its destination.
- Yesterday I came home from work to find my recent make my day envelope sitting on the table. At first I thought not again and then I thought what the... the man at the post office had stuck the postage stamp on to the side with my address, what made it worse is that he used a UK large letter stamp when the envelope wasn't even large letter (if I was sending it in the UK which I was not). I took the envelope to the post office but he wasn't there, the lady who works for him rolled her eyes, stuck the right amount on which meant he would have to pick up the bill for the whole envelope as he had under charged me but I didn't realise with sending other things too. I did offer to pay but she said no.
Have you had any interesting experiences with the post this year?