Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Alex O'Connell~ Lost in Shadow~

Read: On Kindle
Paid: Free
Reason I choose it: I downloaded this when I first got my kindle in order to have a handful of books on it to choose from.

Summary
Don Bellini is a business man on the surface to the world but underneath it all he runs a gang business distributing drugs and other such things. Those who cross the line are taken care of by Francis Doyle. Francis Doyle has grown up in Ireland and left the island to move to England where he has only done what he knows best... torturing and killing people but he can not function without the lead of Don Bellini and goes as far as showing his loyalty in saving Don's skin.

Scotland  Yard are aware of Don Bellini and his antics but do not have any proof that he is involved as he is able to keep his nose clean by digging up or creating dirty embarrassing facts about politicians in certain helpful areas of the chamber so always has an alibi or help. They manage to get an under cover policemen into the gang but things go terribly wrong there....

My opinion
Despite this book taking me nearly a month to read and it not being the type of book I normally read I really liked it. The twists were quite surprising to me but I think thats probably because we only really follow Don and Francis around in the book so never learn all that much more about the other characters and how they ended up there or what they think.

The book starts in the middle of a torturing which made it a little hard for me to get in to at first as I like things to lead up to events so I know whats going on but once I got over that I was sat on the edge of my seat, squirming or cringing.... it does get in to very graphic and sicking details at times.

Its actually quite worrying to think that there are really things like this going on every day but we are not aware of it in our little comfy worlds, really is frightening but I hope I never come across them.

My Rating
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...