Monday, June 25, 2012

Liebster and Book......

Awarded to me by Yoshi
About the Award: • The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
• The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

I better get started and tell you 11 things about me....
  1. I'm a person who mostly drinks water. It partly comes with having severe asthma as a child and fizzy drinks used to make it worse especially coca cola. Now it doesn't bother me but I don't like the taste, on very rare occasions I will drink fruit juices or diluted juices.
  2. People try to stereotype me because I'm a Pakistani female and I dress traditionally. They always get a shock because I'm opinionated and they don't like it, also I like the more adventurous things. When I went to Nandos a couple of weeks ago one of the servers came over and joked with me about only wanted my chappattis and curry. When I went to the counter to order the lady was first shocked that I asked for a vegetarian burger, then I was going to ask for orange juice (as it was included in the price) and she just handed me a glass and told me everything was over there! It turned out it was all fizzy drinks and hot beverages, when they bought our food, I mentioned it and they nearly fell over themselves wondering what I was moaning about. Most families you will find have bottles and bottles of coca cola... not mine though.
  3. I only learned to drive at night, even after all these years I still find it really uncomfortable to drive during the day... I think its one of the reasons I struggled to pass my test. It hasn't got anything to do with rush hour as the roads are pretty much the same, its just that I'm an evening/ night person.
  4. I suffer from anxiety which is probably why I suffer from tiredness and stomach aches (but some things I think are medical too). I think I may have always suffered from it but its more noticeable to me over the years as I had a myomectomy operation, my dad died six months later, getting married, started a new job and then my granddad passing away all with in 2 months.... I notice it more now though because I imagined I'd get a house within months of my husband coming to England only its just over 5 and a half years since he came. I didn't look for about 2 years as he didn't have a job and I couldn't buy a house in the price of my mortgage and deposit. I just imagined life to be so different to what it is but its my own fault for not just doing things instead of waiting until I had a house.
  5. When ever I go into the city I always have to make sure I go to WHSmith, Poundland and Bobs.
  6. We grew up eating tonnes of fruit as well as junk food, so now I can't go a day without eating some form of fruit. Someone at work once said for my lunch I eat more fruit then they eat in a month. There are still so many pieces of fruit that I haven't tried and I can't wait to discover them.
  7. My favourite colour is yellow and its something I'd wear even though my family can't cope with it, thankfully for them I hardly wear it. I actually saw some yellow footwear yesterday that I was going to buy but then didn't. I am mostly drawn to bright bold colours but then there are times when I like pastel colours.
  8. I can never understand why when I say my sister, people say oh your sister-in-law and when I say sister-in-law they think its my sister. A few people have done this every time they speak to me and usually its the same people. I have 4 sister-in-laws (2 in Pakistan, 2 in England) and 1 sister.
  9. I never write a shopping list as I usually know what I need but once at the supermarket my niece drives me insane with wanting to see the toys that I end up forgetting things and have to go back again the next day or a couple of days later.
  10. My sister and I didn't get along until she moved out. There are still moments when I find her irritating and I've stopped going out shopping with her every weekend.
  11. The more I want to save money, the more I seem to be spending it. They are things that I can use but I don't have a desperate need for them.
Now on to Yoshi's questions for me, these are tough but I'll try and answer them.

1) If this were your last day to live, what would you like to wear (a dress, your fave clothes,..) and what would be your last words?
Hmm... something colourful and uplifting. My last words would probably be Oh my god!
2) Which fantasy world would you like to live in?
Moomin Valley
3) What's your craziest quirk?
Some days my husband may bring something to eat on his way home from work. No matter how much of it I may have eaten or how full I am I always have to have a biscuit.
4) About what are you very picky?
Anything to do with meat, it something I don't enjoy but eat to make things easy for myself as otherwise I'd have to cook 2 meals. I don't like meaty take aways either so its always hard in what to buy when we have our take away once a week.
5) If you could change one small thing in this world, what would it be? (just a small one!)
Giving people the option to die if they are serverly ill and will die anyway, like cancer sufferers. In some countries its allowed but in most its not. I think the option should be given to parents with serverly disabled children even though some may see it as selfish if the parent took that option. I would say that it should have a minimum age through like 8 years old as you can't tell as a baby how that child may develope, it may surprise some people.
6) If you were allowed to wish for one talent, what would you choose?
To be able to draw, its something I always wish I could do.
7) What's the most important thing in life for you?
Being content with what I have.
8) If you had all the money in the world, but were only allowed to spend it in one day, what would you do?
A house for all 4 of us, the house will be decorated from top to bottom with everything to new, a car for all 4 of us, an unlimited supply of stamps, all the books I want to read and own,  I'd book a couple of holidays, buy a lot of items to give away on make my day, buy all the fancy craft gadgets, I have so many charities I want to give to this would be a great opportunity to do it.
9) If your life were a book, what would be the title?
What can I say....?
10) Tell 3 bad habits of yours.
  • I rub my tongue on the top of the inside of my mouth when I am sleeping. I think I do it because of irritating sinuses.
  • I've always irritated people for wiping my nose too much, one person even went as far as hiding the tissue box! I thought it was better then sniffing as my nose isn't actually snotty its just that blocked feeling at times.
  • I'm loud when I talk, I know it annoys people but I don't always notice it at first. Its because I think my mum is a little deaf even though she's never been tested for it and was always loud so we've just picked it up from her.
11) Write one word (or more if needed) to each of the following words, that immediately comes to your mind (Like I say "Flowers" and the word that immediately comes to my mind would be "Colorful").
- Boyfriend~ companion
- Sweets~ cravings
- Crazy~ Nutter
- Best~ friend
- Meme~ fashion
- Black~ berry
- Strawberry~ delicious


Also received this one

 
Thanks so much!
 
I won't pass either award on as I know some people don't like getting them but if you would like them, I don't mind you awarding yourself and others it.

2 comments:

  1. loved learning more about you and love the new look. I to don't like when people try to stereotype someone we are all different in out own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a vegetarian, and do that thing with my tongue too!
    I am also a worrier to the extent that I am agoraphobic...something that I find it hard to write about. Panic and anxiety attacks scare me to death, so it is a vicious circle that I live in.
    Being relatively new to the blogging community, I'm still not quite sure of what I am doing or how to meet new friends...{sigh}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...