Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stephen Chbosky ~The perks of being a wallflower~

Read: On Kindle
Paid: £1.99
 
Reason I choose it: I was curious about all the hype
 
Summary
Charlie is a freshman.

And while he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his years yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it.

Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory: the world of first dates and mix tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But he can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.

My Opinion
I don't understand why authors make out the main characters are extremely intelligent when the style of writing and conversation does not match that style of intelligence so you are left cringing at the whole thing. I also feel the author tried to cover so many teenage problems in one book that it just became extremely boring to read it through one person who didn't know how to show emotions expect to cry... I got really fed up of that by the end of the book (well the first quarter) as he's 15 years old! As I was reading this book I thought the author would have been better adopting the format style used in Wonder where each character is given a chapter as it would have been interesting to read properly the thoughts and feelings of the problems concerning that person. This book just didn't do it for me unfortunately.
 
My Rating
 photo strawberry3star.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...